Managing Partner of Synergy IP Law Agency, Trademark&Design Attorney of Ukraine, Attorney at Law
Practicing lawyer in the field of intellectual property law since 1998. The intellectual property lawyer recommended by The Legal 500 EMEA 2018-2016. Winner by category of “Intellectual property – copyright” in Ukraine according to the International Rating «Client Choice Awards 2017». Held the post of Deputy Chairman of the Intellectual Property Committee of the All-Ukrainian Public Organization “Ukrainian Bar Association” 2016-2017. Leading expert of the IT according to the «Ukrainian Law Firms 2017. A Handbook for Foreign Clients». Viktoriia possesses a teaching experience in leading higher education institutions of Ukraine.
She has an extensive experience in various intellectual property issues from items registration to transactions support and protection of rights. Special area of interest is assets structuring and taxation of intellectual property transactions.
Graduated from the Faculty of Law, Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman and Kyiv Institute of Intellectual Property and Law with honours. Completed qualification courses “Fundamentals of Intellectual Property” and “Copyright” of the WIPO Academy (World Intellectual Property Organization,WIPO-UNIGE Summer School on intellectual property, Geneva (2014).
Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA), Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA), European Business Association (EBA). Is elected as a member of the Copyright Committee of International Trademark Association (INTA) for 2017-2018.
Viktoriia is the author and co-author of specialized seminars and workshops concerning protection of intellectual property and taxation.
She was a speaker at legal conferences as well as conferences on the functioning of IT and Internet business in Ukraine, as well as at special legal events, namely:
Viktoriya is the author of more than 50 articles in the popular thematic publications such as:
– Copyright protection in the internet – pros and cons. What should we expect in case of draft law No. 3353 adoption? “Legal Practice” newspaper, issue 46 “Patent Law” .
– ROYALTY INCLUSION IN THE CUSTOMS COMMODITY COST (INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY).
– ROYALTY INCLUSION IN THE CUSTOMS COMMODITY COST (COPYRIGHT LAW).
– CHALLENGES FOR ROYALTY TAXATION OF NON-RESIDENTS. LAWYER&LAW Printed in the issue 36 of the electronic edition of LAWYER&LAW, September 2014.
– ROYALTY FOR NON-RESIDENTS BY NEW RULES – WHAT TO BE NOTICED? Portal PH “Halytski Kontrakty” .
– ROYALTY PAYMENT ABROAD: DO TAXPAYERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO SELECT A COUNTRY TO PAY TAXES? Portal PH “Halytski Kontrakty” .
– Copyright protection in the internet – pros and cons. What should we expect in case of draft law No. 3353 adoption? “Legal Practice” newspaper, issue 46 “Patent Law”.
– – Challenges For Royalty Taxation Of Non-Residents. (LAWYER&LAW, No.36,).
– Have you paid royalty – prove the use! (Internet-portal jurliga.ligazakon.ua).
– Payment for a franchise: how to be protected from tax risks? (Pravotoday Legal Portal).
– Royalty or not royalty: that is the question (Scientific journal “Intellectual Property”).
–Royalty for non-residents: corrections of mistakes . (LAWYER & LAW).
A few words about:
I love the life in all of its aspects, I like enthusiastic people and professionals. Do yoga exercises. In my free time I adore cycling and tramp the Kyiv streets.
1.Do you see any alternatives of your current occupation? If you have a chance to be engaged in something else, what will you choose?
Perhaps, I would manage a small hotel and restaurant in the forest on the lakeside. I would definitely organize children’s parties on any occasion.
2.What does bring a pleasure in the lawyer’s work?
Analysis, search of appropriate solution – that is really interesting, that has an element of creativity.
3.What is the greatest person you would like to meet with?
With Mata Hari.
4.What is your motto? Do you have one?
All victories begin from the self-victory. I always try to keep in mind that one must always begin from oneself, from his/her thoughts and doings. And gradually, step by step, the environment is forming around you, what you thought and dreamt of.
5.What place would you like to visit, if you find the time machine and why?
– Ancient Rus’. It is very interesting, how did our ancestors live?